These are just some of the activities in Ushuaia and Tierra de Fuego:
• End of the World Train: A beautiful crossing built more than a hundred years ago. Part of the season of the end of the world.
• Escondido Lake: A treasure in the Fuegian forests.
• Ushuaia city tour: In this tour you will know the corners of this beautiful city. It begins at the Tourist Pier and ends at the Museum of the End of the World.
• Navigate the Beagle Channel: It is one of Ushuaia’s star tours, where you will enjoy birdwatching and visit the famous Les Eclaireurs Lighthouse, among other itineraries.
Ushuaia, located on the insular tip of the South American continent, is known as the southernmost city in the world.
The name Ushuaia means bay that penetrates towards the west, which is an extremely accurate description. This name comes from the Yámana language, who were the first inhabitants of the coasts of the Beagle Channel.
Located on the banks of the Beagle Channel and surrounded by the Martial mountain range, it offers a unique landscape in Argentina, combining mountains, sea, glaciers and forests.
The climate is unstable, with prevailing winds of the West sector, can feel the same day the four seasons.
The average summer temperature is 10ºC, with maximums that can reach 20ª, with sunlight from three in the morning to approximately twenty-three hours.
In winter, the average temperature is 1 ° C, with minimum temperatures reaching -10 ° C, allowing you to enjoy snow activities in the city, such as ice skating in the natural lagoon, known as “Devil’s Lagoon”, or cross-country skiing Or alpine, near the Martial Glacier, Cerro Castor or the Winter Centers located on Route 3.
The history of Ushuaia began to be sketched with the arrival, in 1869, of the Anglican missionary Stirling, who dedicated itself to evangelize the natives. But undoubtedly it was the decision of President Roca to install a penal colony in the region which helped the development and growth of Ushuaia.
Owner of a unique landscape, Ushuaia offers endless possibilities and activities, in summer, trekking, horseback riding, sport fishing and mountain biking, allowing the visitor to enjoy nature and explore places unexplored by such incredible scenery as Tierra del Fuego National Park. In winter, the magnificent geography and cool temperatures invite you to ski, both alpine (in descent) and in the background (on flat ground).
Navigating the Beagle Channel is another unforgettable experience as this was the scene of the feats of those early settlers and is home to the region’s characteristic marine wildlife.
To enjoy the stay in Ushuaia, we suggest you always have at least one waterproof coat, and comfortable footwear to move comfortably and safely, along the sloping streets, characteristics of this city.
In terms of tourist services, the city has accommodation and restaurants of all categories as well as banks, exchange houses and all the amenities that the tourist needs.
Tips on how to dress for Ushuaia
• The waterproof coat is the most suitable because of the snow or rain that can occur.
• Then, you can opt for several layers of clothing “Onion Style” where always the lightest anger first and so on.
• Thermal t-shirts, divers, polar and cotton wrap.
• Thermal averages are the best option, and do not forget to bring an extra pair on the excursions in case they get wet for any reason.